Sunday 19 February 2017

Magazine Cover = Name

Before I started to create my Magazine Cover I needed to decide on a name for the magazine, so I spent a while brainstorming some ideas as the name of a magazine tells a lot to the potential reader about what could be inside. Here are my three favourite ideas and why I like them...

1. Edge
I like this idea because it straightaway creates a tone of uniqueness and  sounds almost experimental, which is very linked to our trailer and production company. The connotations of 'edginess' are grungy, almost gothic, which leads to the use of dark colours like black, grey and purple, which is a slight negative because I want my magazine to be bright and happy, which I don't think would match the name 'Edge'. I believe my target audience would like this title because it is different and unique, just like how all teenagers are trying to be.

2. Solo
This word, unfortunately, automatically brings to mind the idea of a person being alone, single, just as one. However, I believe that once watching my film trailer and seeing how different and unique the story line is, this title will make a lot more sense. I was hoping to use an image of just the protagonist for my magazine cover so this picture of her alone would also link to the title. This title would sit well with my target audience because it is catchy and easy to remember which is convenient, just like how teenagers like things to be.

3. J'adore
I really like this title as the word itself just screams love, tenderness, intimacy and warmth, which all link so well with my film trailer. The colours red, pink, soft blues all spring to mind, which are bright and eye catching like I would want on my magazine cover. There is already a magazine called J'adore, however it is for men's sporting wear so I don't think that there will ever be a confusion between the two. I think this title would be attractive to my target audience, especially the females, do to the relevance in this time of their lives. Teenagers are learning about love and loving themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment